Coconut shrimp cravings? Yep, had one of those the other day. As in like, the whole day. The whole day I’m just wondering to myself I don’t want it to be an appetizer, I want it to be a meal so that I can eat more of it. I had these with some cold sesame noodles.
2 large egg beatened with 1 tbsp water
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 lb large shrimp, peeled deveined
1 lime, wedges for garnish
vegetable oil for frying
1. Peel, devein, and wash the shrimps in cold water. Leave slightly damp
2. In a medium bowl, mix cornstarch with salt and paprika.
3. In another medium bowl, mix the shredded cocount with panko breadcrumbs. Take a handful of the breadcrumb mix and crush it with your hand and mix. This will give it a better coating.
4. Take a shrimp, shake off excess water, dredge in cornstarch mix, then in egg wash, and finally coat the shrimp in the coconut panko mix. Push the shrimp down lightly on the coconut panko mix to ensure good coverage. Repeat with the rest of the shrimp.
5. Pour oil in a medium pot to about 1 inch in depth. Heat oil on medium high. Work in batches; fry shrimp till golden brown about 2 minutes. Serve.
3 responses to “Fried Coconut Shrimp”
Reblogged this on mamabatesmotel.
Thanks for liking my pages and reblogging!
You’re welcome !