Since my husband is Irish (mostly) and my sister also has an insane love for potatoes, I have a self-inflicted high standard of what I think mashed potato should be. I love garlic! It smells so good with the buttery mashed potatoes. You can also add chopped parsley or rosemary to the mashed potatoes. The choice is yours.
Pictures coming soon!
- This recipe is to make for thanksgiving. Note the serving size
- If you are not a garlic lover, half the amount to this recipe.
Recipe: Garlicky Mashed Potatoes
⏱ Prep Time:
For the potatoes:
- 2 lbs yukon golden potatoes, washed, spored, peeled, & cut to 1 inch cubes
- 1 bulb of garlic, peeled (~10 cloves)
- 8 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup half and half milk, warmed
- salt and pepper to taste
For the topping (optional):
- 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary or parsley
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Place potato cubes in a large pot and cover with enough water to submerge the potatoes. Add in the garlic cloves and 1 teaspoon of salt. Bring to boil over high heat, and then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until a fork can be inserted through the potatoes with no resistance, about 30-45 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and garlic and return it back into the pot on the stove.
- Cook uncovered over medium-low heat until most of the potatoes are dry, about 5 minutes.
- Mashed the potatoes and garlic with a masher or just a spatula gently.
- Add the warm butter and half and half. Salt & pepper to taste. Spoon into a serving dish and add toppings.
Like This Recipe? Share the love..
Subscribe for new recipes and exclusive content.